APL’s computer-to-computer information exchange services offer time savings and boost communication accuracy
EDI is an electronic means for companies to exchange business documents such as bookings, Shipment Instructions (SI) and invoices which eliminates the need to send paper documents by traditional means. EDI can easily be integrated into your system to provide a highly efficient interface with APL’s system, removing the need to rekey data and improving overall communications and data accuracy.
Our EDI solution can support all your international facilities which have access to your company’s global system. APL supports both the ANSI-X12 standards used in the U.S. and UN EDIFACT standards used globally.
Key business transactions available via EDI
- Booking information
- Bill of Lading information
- Electronic funds transfer
- Arrival notice information
- Shipment status information
Benefits to your business
- Streamlines the communications process between your business and APL
- Removes the need to rekey data thus reducing errors
- Eliminates paper handlings and the need for document storage
- Improves turn time and accuracy of data
- Removes the need for faxing